About this blog

Hello and welcome, this blog is about the things I do, love and love doing, namely Fashion, Dancing, Singing, Music, Cooking, Reading, Writing, Blogging.... I'm not an expert in any way in any of those disciplines, I just love doing them... ;)
Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Friday 30 September 2011

Panna Cota - senza panna ne zucchero! - recipe

First of all, thank you Google Translate for translating words for me... ;)


The idea behind this oversimplified dessert is because I cannot have sugar (I'm on this strictly no sugar diet, because of my hypoglycemia) and I didn't have double cream in my fridge!! lol 
But really really wanted to try!!! I've had gelatin sheets for weeks in my cupboards and wanted to use them!!


Ingredients for 2 people (although these are very approximate):


200 mL Semi-skimmed milk
30g Agave Syrup
1 Vanilla Pod
3 sheets of Gelatin


Recipe (5 min prep):


Put gelatin sheets in water to soften them, put aside
Pour 200milk in a pan
Cut vanilla pod lenght wise, scrape the seeds in the milk
Warm up milk - no boil
Add Syrup according to taste
Add gelatin sheets to milk - draining water excess first
Make sure syrup and gelatin are dissolved
Pour in small containers - ramequin for example
Leave in fridge until cooled


Result


Overall, a very nice and simple dessert - or breakfast!lol.
You could taste vanilla nicely although most seeds ended up at the bottom (need more gelatin?). 
I put a bit too much of agave syrup so although it was not too sweet, it's a kind of sweetness (fructose) that can be easily overwhelm your palate. 
The texture was soft, more like a flan than a panna cota.


Conclusion


As a matter of fact, I think next time - because There will be a next time -, I will try adding cinnamon and lemon zest, like in a flan, and will adjust the lemon acidic taste with Agave syrup.
Note: Poor Fiance (who has to try everything I make) just texted me saying it was delicious and refreshing, and he wants more!!! Cool!!!!


Bon Appétit!!!

2 comments:

  1. You have an award at http://debs-bookwormbookmark.blogspot.com/
    Debs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: I have now tried this with cinnamon and orange zest, instead of vanilla, and it's delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sharing is Sexy