As I'm entering a new chapter in my life that is going to be considerably different from the others, I have decided that it deserved a new blog!!!
The life of my yet-unborn child will have his own diary, starting with pregnancy!!!
It is written in French as it is primarily for family and friends overseas, but there is a Google translation tool!!! Translation is very funny sometimes - very interesting!!!
As I was thinking about what I have achieved in my life, I realised that my life seems to be written in chapters of 4 to 6 years!!!:
85-91 Primary school
91-97 Secondary school
02-06 New life in London and PhD
07-12 Professional life and beginning of love story with PF
12-... Newly parents
It is funny how at interviews you always have that question "Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?"
I've never been able to answer this question because quite frankly my luck in love has been more than disastrous, and professionally, science is such an unstable career path, you never know when your next job will be!!!
But now, I actually know what I'm gonna do!!!:
1. Have a baby!! ah ah if all goes well he's on his way...
2. Find a new career from March 2013 (don't know what though but ideally something to do with science communication!) that will pay a nice mortgage, my bills! To achieve this:
2a. Write write write for my blog Science is So Sexy
2b. Read read read everything to do with medical writing
2c. Take editing course
3. Buy a cheap ready-to-move-in 3-bedroom house in my area for a move in October 2013 at the latest - and organise move of PF mum's furniture from Belgium!
4. Get married somewhere sometime in 2014 - maybe twice: in Belgium for family and in London for friends. Or in London for immediate family/friends and an exotic island for us+best friends
5. Make another baby around 2016
Admittedly 2. and 3. are gonna be the hardest ones!! But I am so hopeful I can get a nice job!!! Once job is in the pocket, 3. should be a matter of chance more than real work!!!
Ok, time to get back to actual work!!! ;)