About this blog

Hello and welcome, this blog is about the things I do, love and love doing, namely Fashion, Dancing, Singing, Music, Cooking, Reading, Writing, Blogging.... I'm not an expert in any way in any of those disciplines, I just love doing them... ;)
Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Saturday 21 July 2012

Book review #14 - The Secret adversary




Title: The Secret Adversary
Author: Agatha Christie
Publisher: the Bodley Head (January 1922)
ISBN: 978-0007111466
Print lenght: 400





Synopsis
Tommy and Tuppence, two young people short of money and restless for excitement, embark on a daring business scheme – Young Adventurers Ltd.
Their advertisement says they are ‘willing to do anything, go anywhere’. But their first assignment, for the sinister Mr Whittington, plunges them into more danger than they ever imagined…

My Thoughts
This is the first instalment of a Tommy and Tuppence (T&T) serie which I didn't know about!!! And quite ashamed of that fact too! I have read Agatha Christie autobiography after all but I do not remember this serie!!! I am an inconditional lover of Hercules Poirot (H.C.) and really not of Miss Marple (I have never really given her a chance!).
Agatha Christie style of writing is definitely different in T&T from H.C., a fact that makes me like her as a writer even more!! She adapted her style, so dramatically!!
T&T is written like a kid wrote it, simple words, messy, quick, no real descriptions, all those details that actually match the character of her two protagonists! I thought i was quite amazing to read this, even if that style is not my favourite, simply because you know from her H.C. stories that that she did it on purpose!
Regarding the story itself, it's very different, much more unrealistic than her H.C.. As for all her stories, the real killer is only known towards the end, she makes you believe it's one person, then another, when really if you read through the lines, you should also who it is. I had a pretty good idea of who it was, hesitating at times, but who's to say she didn't do it on purpose!!
All in all, a good read for younger people I would say, not for mystery lovers, unless for the love of Agatha Christie mastered penship!


My Ratings
***


0 Comments from amazing and lovely people:

Post a Comment

Sharing is Sexy