About this blog

Hello and welcome, this blog is about the things I do, love and love doing, namely Fashion, Dancing, Singing, Music, Cooking, Reading, Writing, Blogging.... I'm not an expert in any way in any of those disciplines, I just love doing them... ;)
Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Friday 6 November 2015

Thinkrolls - recommended tablet game for toddlers

As a parent, I am always on the look out for new ways to stimulate my child's mind. Maybe because I have a boy who hates puzzles and crafts, I am desperate to find interesting activities other than train tracks and animal farms!
I came across this game on my kindle fire tablet because it was free! If I'm perfectly honest, I originally downloaded it for myself because it looked like a fun and pretty game, and - come on - FREE!!!
On a Eurostar trip back to London a couple of months ago, my son was a bit agitated so I gave him to tablet for the first time. I know at nursery they have iPad sessions so he knew how to handle ours.
Soon enough, he was hooked on the game. Most of you would say it's really bad to get them used to computer games and I would normally agree but hear me out.

Thinkrolls

Thinkrolls is a game of strategy for toddlers and children aged 3-8. My son was barely 2 and 1/2 when he started so they are definitely capable to achieve the first levels at that age.

The basics of the game are that each window screenshot is a maze through which you have to guide a funny character. Obstacles need to be moved or used to go through the right path. 

The first levels are easy, you just need to eat biscuits or move boxes but as chapters difficulty increases, it becomes more and more strategic.

At later levels, strategic actions include moving a cushion to jump from to get out of hole, or fill the hole with the box, move balloons to clear access or extinct fires with ice cubes using moving platforms.

At the age of 2 and 1/2, my son is able to achieve all chapters at the easy setting which is for children aged 3-5. He can also achieve the first levels of the hard setting where observation and choices are the skills developed even further.

What Amazon says about it:
  • 207 challenging levels with mind-sharpening puzzles
  • Easy mode for ages 3-5, hard mode for ages 5-8
  • Experiment with gravity, heat, buoyancy, speed, friction, elasticity & more
  • Enhance logic, observation, spatial cognition, memory
  • Track progress for up to 6 player profiles
  • 22 hilarious super smart characters to play with
  • Original soundtrack and sound effects
  • Supreme design, eye-catching artwork
  • Language neutral game-play
  • COPPA compliant

Highly recommended!!!!

0 Comments from amazing and lovely people:

Post a Comment

Sharing is Sexy